TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I think that's a good idea. See if you agree with this
People Seeking Info

Subject I think that's a good idea. See if you agree with this

Posted by SirpriZ on January 27, 2020 at 9:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 151 times.

In Reply To Re: Hopefully you've got the driveshaft out by now. If not, here posted by MyBlueZ on January 27, 2020 at 04:18 PM

Message approach: Remove engine mount hardware and jack up engine to clear mounts and allow it to move slightly forward. Also remove trans mount hardware to allow movement of trans while still attached to engine. See if you can move engine and trans as an assembly forward with Jack's under each. Hopefully that will allow you to get that 1/2" or so to allow you to remove that rascal driveshaft. I have an idea the driveshaft may have been produced slightly too long. There should be a 1/2"-3/4" movement back and forth on the driveshaft to allow installation and removal, and most importantly to allow travel as the suspension changes during various driving conditions. If you determine your shaft (well not YOUR shaft, but the driveshaft) doesn't allow that travel, you can have your driveshaft shortened accordingly.....it's pretty straight forward. The shop will remove the u-joint at one end, cut the tube to the correct length, re-attach the u-joint, and re-balance the shaft. There are multiple "how to's" available online that show you how to measure a driveshaft and ensure it's the proper length. Hope you get that sucker out. If I can be of any help, give me a shout.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.